Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
There’s tournaments galore to talk about on the basketball front. The ACC, the men’s and women’s NCAA and the NIT get some love in this episode of ACC Nation Podcast. But, there’s more sports news on the agenda first. How does the recent hire of Earl Grant to be the new head coach of Boston College men’s basketball. Our thoughts, observations and expectations, were they met? We look for the pluses and anticipate the reactions of Boston sports fans on social media on the other side of the coin. Will hits it on the head by saying, ‘Give the dude a chance’. We’ll see.
We reflect on some of the thoughts that A.J. Black (podcast) shared with us on an earlier podcast regarding the hiring process. The ACC Board of Directors have rid themselves of the intra-conference transfer rule which will allow players to move in conference and compete immediately.
A look at the latest D1Baseball Top 25 and how the ‘northern’ schools are excelling in a less than perfect scenario. How are men’s and women’s lacrosse teams doing? Stellar, as always. The polls prove it out. And, the ACC had three second-place finishes at the NCAA Cross Country Championships.
ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament
- A rundown of each round of the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament – Our Thoughts
- The struggles of year one for Wake Forest but a bright future ahead
- Our picks go off the rail in the second round – Jim eats crow over Cuse
- Miami continues their roll with a win over Clemson – Say hello to Isaiah Wong (Beast)
- Duke begins to click but COVID punches their ticket
- Surpassing Ralph Sampson in the record books
- North Carolina unloads on Notre Dame (Walking away from the TV)
- *Subtle (not-so) skipping over a game (We get back to it)
- Georgia Tech pulls away from Miami when it counts
- What might have happened between Duke and Florida State
- Virginia Tech’s COVID break and North Carolina’s back-to-back games – The result?
- Virginia – Syracuse. A last second shot clinches the win
- The clock is ticking slowly on how things will work out for the Cavaliers moving forward
- The depth pulls it out for Florida State against North Carolina
- Surprise of the Tournament (as always when it comes to the ACC) Georgia Tech wins!
- The stories that come with sports championships
NCAA Women’s Basketball Seeds – ACC
- The Number One Seeds – NC State, UConn, South Carolina and Stanford
- Tournament action begins on March 21
- #8 Oklahoma State – #9 Wake Forest
- #2 Louisville – #15 Marist
- #8 Syracuse – #9 South Dakota State
- #7 Virginia Tech – #10 Marquette
- #8 Oregon State – #9 Florida State
- #5 Georgia Tech – #12 SFA
- #7 Alabama – #10 North Carolina
- #1 NC State – #16 North Carolina A&T
NC State head coach Kevin Keatts make a wise investment in his young team by taking them to the NIT. The more experience, the better. The Wolfpack will open with a match-up against Davidson.
NCAA Men’s Basketball Seeds – ACC
- Seven ACC teams are headed to the tournament
- Under the No. 1 seed Gonzaga – #4 Virginia faces off with #13 Ohio
- Under the No. 1 seed Michigan – #4 Florida State plays #13 UNC Greensboro
- Under the No. 1 seed Baylor – #8 North Carolina matches-up with #9 Wisconsin
- #7 Florida meets #10 Virginia Tech
- Under the No. 1 seed Illinois – #8 Loyola Chicago battles #9 Georgia Tech
- #6 San Diego goes up against #11 Syracuse
- #7 Clemson is challenged by #10 Rutgers
- Dana Evans Projected First Round Pick In WNBA Draft
- Sports News 7 – ACC Nation Podcast
- Opinions, Everyone Has One. College Baseball’s Top 25
- Very Early Preview 2021-22 ACC Men’s Basketball
- Hokies Baseball Takes Series With Eagles – In Pictures-Dave Wolpert