We’re into week four of the football schedule but without the benefit of all teams playing their third game. Will that ultimately have an impact upon those teams that missed game three? Only time will tell and that could be as soon as this weekend.
There are eleven games to take in and they’re all on Saturday. That’s joy for college football purists who divide their sports weeks into nice, neat categories. After all, Friday is for high school and Sunday for the NFL. Thursday and Monday? Where did it all go wrong?
Here’s this week’s football schedule, including team, time and television plus notes on games that should provide some extra excitement.
This Week’s Football Schedule
Saturday, September 2
- Boston College @ Purdue 12:00pm ET ESPN2
- Notre Dame @ Wake Forest 12:00pm ET ABC
- Pitt @ North Carolina 12:20pm ET Raycom
- Louisville @ Virginia 12:30pm ET RSN
- FIU @ Miami 3:30pm ET ESPN2
- Clemson @ Georgia Tech 3:30pm ET ABC
- NC Central @ Duke 3:30pm ET ACC Network Extra
- NIU @ Florida State 3:30pm ET ESPNU
- Virginia Tech @ ODU 3:30pm ET CBS Sports
- UConn @ Syracuse 4:00pm ET ESPNews
- NC State @ Marshall 7:00pm ET CBS Sports
This Week’s Football Schedule – Games To Watch (Closer)
In addition to your favorite team, here are a few other games worth your time.
- Boston College @ Purdue – The Boilermakers are 0-3 but they keep games close.
- Notre Dame @ Wake Forest – This is the ‘Must Watch’ game of the week.
- Pitt @ North Carolina – Keep an eye on Larry Fedora. He might pull a rabbit out of his hat.
- Louisville @ Virginia – Who will do a better job of executing their game plan?
- Clemson @ Georgia Tech – Paul Johnson likes being a thorn. In fact, he’s really good at it.
- NIU @ Florida State – The Huskies aren’t up to snuff this season but then….
- NC State @ Marshall – A week off and a trip to Huntington. We’ll see what both teams are made of.