Did everything comes out roses in last week’s ACC Nation Football Picks? Yes, but the kind you pick up at a convenience store when you’ve forgotten an anniversary. It’s the thought that counts though, right?
Will, Xayveon and Jim tripped over themselves with their Virginia pick while Will’s choice of Miami added to his loss column.
There are two games this week without a clear consensus according to our guys. Perhaps in a bold stroke of genius Xayveon has gone against the trend with his picks of North Carolina and Miami in the win column. If those choices go his way he can pull into a tie for first place. We’ll wait until next week to talk about any bad news.
Are there games that might go sideways this week? If you stick with the theory of consistency there are, as pointed out in the ACC Nation Power Poll.
Last Week’s Picks
|GAME||WILL 64-18||XAYVEON 62-20||JIM 64-18|
|Pitt @ Virginia||Virginia||Virginia||Virginia|
|Louisville @ Clemson||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson|
|Syracuse @ Wake Forest||Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse|
|Georgia Tech @ North Carolina||Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech|
|Florida State @ NC State||NC State||NC State||NC State|
|Boston College @ Virginia Tech||Boston College||Boston College||Boston College|
|Duke @ Miami||Miami||Duke||Duke|
|Notre Dame @ Northwestern||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
This Week’s Picks
|GAME||WILL 70-20||XAYVEON 69-21||JIM 71-19|
|Wake Forest @ NC State||NC State||NC State||NC State|
|Louisville @ Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse|
|North Carolina @ Duke||Duke||North Carolina||Duke|
|Liberty @ Virginia||Virginia||Virginia||Virginia|
|Virginia Tech @ Pitt||Pitt||Pitt||Pitt|
|Miami @ Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Miami||Georgia Tech|
|Florida State @ Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
|Clemson @ Boston College||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson|
The weather comes into play again this week. Some would argue that it’s perfect for football.
- Virginia Tech @ Pitt – Snow showers, high of 35 and wind gusts up to 34mph. Did someone mention running game?
- Florida State @ Notre Dame – The Seminoles better bring some extra layers so they don’t freeze their oranges off. Several inches of snow will blanket South Bend leading up to Saturday. On game day look for snow showers, high of 33 and gusts up to 25mph.
- Clemson @ Boston College – Conditions will be a tad more reasonable at Chestnut Hill. Rain showers, high of 51 and gusts up to 32mph.
- Wake Forest @ NC State – Don’t think this is as wrapped up as it may appear in some eyes. Yes, the Demon Deacons have lost their starting quarterback and have a suspect defense. Here’s the thing. This team hasn’t lost their fight. No sleeping over there in Raleigh.
- North Carolina @ Duke – The Tar Heels have some glimpses of success. It most likely will hit full stride next year but what if?
- Liberty @ Virginia – What better way to make a name for yourself in your first year in the FBS than to knock off a Power 5 conference team? The Cavaliers will have to be up for the Flames after last week’s ‘Debbie Downer’ loss.
- Miami @ Georgia Tech – There is a whole lot to play for in this game. We’ll start with how each fanbase will be scoping out the head coach afterward. Desperate times require desperate measures.
Who are you picking this week?