ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament
The clock is ticking and the alarm is about to go off. First round action of the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament gets underway at noon today (Tuesday, March 6) at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn. Live coverage of games one and two are on ESPN2 and the ACC Network while game three can be found on ESPNU and ACCN.
Like a spring slowly being wound the action will build toward the championship game on Saturday, March 10 at 8:30p. The match up between the winners of the semifinals will decide the ACC Tournament champion.
The tournament, however, will help decide the fates of more than the two teams who battle it out for the title. Like any conference tournament the eyes of the NCAA selection committee are focused like a laser on certain teams. A handful of conference teams appear to be locks for after conference competition but at least two may be questionable and a third could open the door.
Both Syracuse and Louisville are hanging by their fingernails and a poor showing over the next few days may sweep away their shot at the NCAA’s. On the other side of the coin stands Notre Dame. A stellar performance, even a championship win could easily vault the Irish into serious consideration for post season action.
Download your printable ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament bracket here.
ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament – The Schedule
Tuesday, March 6 *All times approximate (Games may also be available through ACC Network)
- One – #12 Boston College vs #13 Georgia Tech 12:00p ESPN2
- Two – #10 Notre Dame vs #15 Pittsburgh 2:00p ESPN2
- Three – #11 Syracuse vs #14 Wake Forest 7:00p ESPNU
Wednesday, March 7
- Four – #8 Florida State vs #9 Louisville 12:00p ESPN
- Five – #5 NC State vs Winner of Game One 2:00p ESPN
- Six – #7 Virginia Tech vs Winner of Game Two 7:00p ESPN2
- Seven – #6 North Carolina vs Winner of Game Three 9:00p ESPN2
Thursday, March 8
- Eight – #1 Virginia vs Winner of Game Four 12:00p ESPN
- Nine – #4 Clemson vs Winner of Game Five 2:00p ESPN
- Ten – #2 Duke vs Winner of Game Six 7:00p ESPN
- Eleven – #3 Miami vs Winner of Game Seven 9:00p ESPN
Friday, March 9
- Twelve – Winner of Game Eight vs Winner of Game Nine 7:00p ESPN/ESPN2
- Thirteen – Winner of Game Ten vs Winner of Game Eleven 9:00p ESPN/ESPN2
Saturday, March 10
- Championship – Winner of Game Twelve vs Winner of Game Thirteen 8:30p ESPN
ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament
The top four seeds, Virginia, Duke, Miami and Clemson all get a pass on the first two rounds of play. These teams will open play in the quarterfinals of the tournament on Thursday, March 8.
Duke is the defending ACC Tournament champion. The Blue Devils set a new standard in the conference last season by being the first #5 seed that won four games and claimed the title.
Heading into the conference tournament where do teams stand in Joe Lunardi’s Bracketology? (As of 03/06/18)
- #1 Virginia
- #2 Duke
- #2 North Carolina
- #5 Clemson
- #6 Miami
- #8 Virginia Tech
- #9 NC State
- #9 Florida State
Louisville and Notre Dame are in his First Four Out category while Syracuse is in the Next Four Out.
Selection Sunday is March 11 with the announcement of teams making it into March Madness on TBS at 6:00p E. The show will also stream on NCAA.com.
The First Four will play in Dayton, March 13-14.