Did someone say, ‘pigskin’? For just a moment we’ll stray from our usual fare of ACC Nation Football Picks. When it comes to football where would we be without food and drink? Pork rinds, extra crispy will keep you busy on the food front so we have taken a trip to Alabama via YouTube to share a recipe.
Next, the drink equation and for that we’ll share a passion of Will and his wife Sami who have a beer blog. They’ll give you a vicarious taste of brews in their region of the country. Should you visit that area make sure you support these craft brewers.
You can’t blame our guys for going with NC State against Wake Forest, unless of course you’re a salty Demon Deacons fan. The numbers were there, it was a home game and Wake Forest had been struggling. What’s not to like about a Wolfpack win? It should be of no surprise that Dave Clawson has the Midas touch with pigskin.
Xayveon went out on a bit of a limb projecting Miami and North Carolina coming out on top. Some positive things for these teams in the prior week unfortunately didn’t carry over.
Last Week’s Pigskin Picks
|GAME||WILL 70-20||XAYVEON 69-21||JIM 71-19|
|Wake Forest @ NC State||NC State||NC State||NC State
|Louisville @ Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse|
|North Carolina @ Duke||Duke||North Carolina||Duke|
|Liberty @ Virginia||Virginia||Virginia||Virginia|
|Virginia Tech @ Pitt||Pitt||Pitt||Pitt|
|Miami @ Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Miami||Georgia Tech|
|Florida State @ Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
|Clemson @ Boston College||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson|
This Week’s Pigskin Picks
|GAME||WILL (77-21)||XAYVEON (74-24)||JIM (78-20)|
|Pitt @ Wake Forest||Pitt||Pitt||Pitt
|NC State @ Louisville||NC State||NC State||NC State|
|Syracuse vs Notre Dame|
Bronx - Yankee Stadium
|Notre Dame||Syracuse||Notre Dame|
|Western Carolina @ North Carolina||North Carolina||North Carolina||North Carolina|
|Virginia @ Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Virginia||Virginia|
|Boston College @ Florida State||Boston College||Boston College||Boston College|
|Miami @ Virginia Tech||Virginia Tech||Miami||Virginia Tech|
|Duke @ Clemson||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson|
At this time of the year ye olde Thanksgiving family plans becomes a distraction. That’s not the only one that coaches have to deal with either. We’re headed to a bowl and looking past this week’s pigskin opponent is a biggie as well. Let’s see if there are any others on our list.
- Pitt @ Wake Forest – Eyes focused on the topic at hand syndrome. Division champs? ACC Football Championship? See above.
- NC State @ Louisville – A letdown and a firing. Okay, add those to the list as well.
- Syracuse vs Notre Dame – Wow! Yankee Stadium is really, really big. Yep, another one.
- Western Carolina @ North Carolina – Why not have some fun and play football?
- Boston College @ Florida State – Sunny and 65. What’s not to like? Seminoles fans break out cold weather gear.
- Virginia @ Georgia Tech – Two teams feeling their oats. This could get feisty.
- Miami @ Virginia Tech – Home field advantage. Sunny and 50. Good football weather.
- Duke @ Clemson – The Blue Devils will have to pull out all the stops to put a dent in the national title dreams of Clemson.
What are your pigskin picks this week?