The top three teams in collegiate field hockey remain the same in this week’s NFHCA Field Hockey Top 25. There is a notable difference, however, and it’s in the number of first place votes.
Last week North Carolina sat at the top of not only the ACC but also the Top 25. That hasn’t changed but the Tar Heels have locked in an additional 17 first place votes this week and that’s no small chore.
UConn and Maryland follow at #2 and #3 with the Huskies losing 10 and the Terps 1 first place vote.
There are six ACC teams ranked within the top 12 of the poll. Last week there were seven conference teams in the Top 25. Among those teams only two show movement. Louisville is up one notch while Virginia slips 3 places.
Wake Forest was ranked #24 prior to a ten day layoff. The Demon Deacons have dropped from this week’s field hockey rankings.
NFHCA Field Hockey – ACC
NFHCA Field Hockey Top 25
This week’s ACC Player of the Week honors go to Duke’s Caroline Andretta (offense) and Louisville’s Ayeisha McFerran (defense). Read more about their team contributions.
Friday, September 21 *Coverage on ACC Network Extra
- Louisville @ Wake Forest 7:00pm ET *
- North Carolina @ Duke 12:00pm ET *
- Pacific @ Syracuse 5:30pm ET
- Virginia @ Boston College 6:00pm ET *
Sunday, September 23
- Louisville @ Appalachian State 11:00am ET
- Wake Forest @ Richmond 12:00pm ET
- Virginia @ Northeastern 12:00pm ET
- JMU @ Duke 1:00pm ET *
- Penn @ Syracuse 1:00pm ET *
- New Hampshire @ Boston College 1:05pm ET