The former head coach of the Irish men’s basketball team, John MacLeod has passed. He headed the program from 1991-1999. He also coached at Oklahoma. Prior to taking over at Notre Dame MacLeod was the longest tenured and winningest coach for the NBA’s Phoenix Suns.
There’s lots of ACC baseball action that continues to churn the waters in division races. New polls are out this week as we get closer to the conference tournament.
In case you missed the big sports news outside of the ACC, Tiger Woods found that the green jacket still fits him very nicely. The Masters golf tournament may not be your cup of tea but the story of how Woods has returned to form will intrigue you.
Big sports fan? Be sure to read the cord cutting guide before you make the final leap from cable. The landscape is shifting quicker than quicksand when it comes to what is offered and the cost.
There’s a great conversation with new Hokies men’s basketball coach Mike Young and a look at how ACC players are shaking out in a CBS NBA Mock Draft.
There’s plenty of stories hot off the press this morning that you’ll want to get up to date on so jump right in to this edition of Hot Spot.
- Boston College – A Way-Too-Early College Hockey Top 10
- Syracuse Track and Field
- Pitt Football
- Notre Dame – Former head coach John MacLeod passes
- Louisville Baseball sweeps No. 2
- Virginia Tech Basketball – Mike Young Q&A
- Virginia Women’s Lacrosse
- Why the Pack’s Terrone Prescod should be drafted
- A look at the future of Duke Basketball
- Tar Heels’ Most Improved Player? Garrison Brooks
- Wake Forest Men’s Golf
- Clemson Baseball
- Georgia Tech Baseball
- Miami’s 2019 Football Draft Class
- Florida State Baseball
- *Other news – Expanding the College Football Playoff? Tiger? Is that you? The ultimate cord cutting guide for sports fans. NBA Mock Draft.