The ACC received a record tying bid for nine men’s teams to play in NCAA Championship Soccer. Eight of those teams received national seeding with the ninth earning an at large berth.
NC State opens first round play tonight at 7:00pm ET at Dail Soccer Stadium against the Campbell. The Wolfpack would face Maryland on Sunday with a win against the Camels.
Second round action begins on Sunday, November 18 and features seeded ACC teams.
- #1 Wake Forest faces either New Hampshire or Colgate
- #4 Louisville will play either Michigan State or UIC
- #5 North Carolina hosts High Point or James Madison
- #6 Duke takes on Pacific or UC Riverside
- #7 Notre Dame has Michigan or Princeton as their opponent
- #10 Virginia takes on Furman or UNC Wilmington
- #12 Virginia Tech can look forward to Charlotte or Georgia State
- #16 Syracuse wraps up action for the seeded conference teams by facing either Akron or Rider
Championship Soccer – Top 25 + 1
Before we head into the rest of the tournament let’s take a look at the last regular season United Soccer Coaches rankings.
- #2 Wake Forest
- #5 Louisville
- #6 North Carolina
- #10 Duke
- #11 Virginia
- #13 Notre Dame
- #19 Virginia Tech
- #31 Syracuse
Championship Soccer-Nine ACC Teams
The third round of the tournament has the potential of pitting a number of ACC teams against one another. *Possible matchups
- Wake Forest/Syracuse
- North Carolina/Virginia Tech
- Notre Dame/Virginia
- NC State (must win 1st and 2nd rounds)/Duke
Five of nine conference teams could progress to the third round on November 24 and 25. The quarterfinals will follow on November 30 and December 1.
Teams making it out of quarterfinal play will head west to the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara for the 2018 NCAA Men’s Soccer College Cup.
The semifinals will be played at Harder Stadium at UC-Santa Barbara on December 7 at 8:00pm and 10:45pm ET and carried on ESPNU.
The NCAA Men’s College Cup Championship is slated for Sunday, December 9 at 8:00pm ET and will also be aired on ESPU.