Today’s Hot Spot lead story – Clemson head women’s basketball coach Amanda Butler has been named ACC Coach of the Year. In her first year with the Tigers the team has gone from 1 to 9 conference wins. Butler hopes to lead Clemson through a challenging ACC Tournament into their first post-season appearance. Clemson last received a bid to the WNIT in 2004 and the NCAA in 2002.
The ACC’s first female athletic director, Debbie Yow at NC State has received a lifetime achievement award.
Georgia Tech football is upping their game by moving five games to Mercedes Benz Stadium.
Wake Forest moves on from one athletic director to another. Who’s filling the new position?
The ACC Wrestling Tournament gets underway this weekend in Blacksburg.
Conference football fans have one more bowl to add into the mix. Get ready for a brand new location and different competition in college bowls beginning next year. Westward Ho!
These are just a few of the sports news stories from around the ACC in today’s Hot Spot.
Butler ACC Coach Of The Year
- Boston College can’t slow down No. 3 North Carolina
- Navy women’s lacrosse to host No. 1 Boston College
- Eagles women’s basketball bring youth and attitude
- What the NFL Combine says about BC’s 2019 Draft Class
- Tiana Mangakahia named to All-ACC First Team
- Syracuse men’s basketball still in line for an NCAA bid
- Newcomers making their mark in Syracuse spring football
- Lindsay Eastwood eager for playoff run
- Sarah Cooper named ACC Defensive Player of the Week
- Syracuse women’s basketball ACC Tournament preview
- Pitt men’s basketball falls to Miami
- Panthers wrestling heads to ACC Tournament
- Notre Dame football adds Marshall to schedule for 2022
- Brian Kelly wants to retire at Notre Dame
- NCAA clarifies ice hockey video review
- Irish men’s basketball stumbles to finish line
- College Football Bowl Games changes in 2020 plus for ACC/Notre Dame
- All five ND women’s basketball starters named All-ACC
- Notre Dame baseball wins two of four
- Notre Dame men’s lacrosse defeats Maryland
- Louisville women’s basketball ready for post season fun
- Cardinals Football Spring Showcase
- Around the Bases
- Feds seek multiyear sentences in college basketball case
- Asia Durr named All-ACC First Team
- Buzzketball drops a bummer in OT
- Hokies prepare to host ACC Wrestling Tournament
- Ten highest ranked signees for Justin Fuente at Virginia Tech
- Football camp opens with QB competition
Butler ACC Coach Of The Year
- NWSL Preseason rosters feature 10 Virginia women’s soccer alums
- Where will the Cavaliers be seeded in the ACC Men’s Tournament?
- Kyle Guy named Jerry West Award finalist
- Juan Thornhill shines at NFL Combine
- Kiara Leslie and Elissa Cunane earn All-ACC honors
- Wolfpack softball loses streak
- NC State football spring practice photo gallery
- Duke men’s basketball hangs on against Wake Forest
- Blue Devils softball heads to Elon
- Zion Williamson not expected back against Tar Heels
- North Carolina men’s basketball closes down Boston College
- Mack Brown happy to be called ‘coach’ again
- Wake men’s basketball falls on buzzer beater
- Departing AD Ron Wellman
- Incoming AD John Currie
- Trevor Lawrence hopes to follow in footsteps of last year’s leaders
- Draft analysts high on Clemson football players at NFL Combine
- Tigers spring football practice
- Amanda Butler ACC Coach of the Year
- Fire up some early trash talk
- Dabo thinks Lawrence might be able to go to Publix if he shaved his head
- MaChelle Joseph is still suspended. What’s going on Georgia Tech?
- Georgia Tech football moves five games to Mercedes Benz Stadium
- Yellow Jackets’ Elizabeth Balogun named ACC Rookie of the Year
- Seminoles baseball off to a hot start at the plate
- Florida State football spring practice
- FSU men’s basketball clinches double-bye with OT win over VT
- James Blackman takes the reins of Seminoles offense
- What to expect from new Miami DL coach Todd Stroud
- Hurricanes QB battle rated among tops to watch
- Miami men’s basketball polish off Pitt
- ACC’s first female athletic director, Debbie Yow recipient of 2019 Women in Business Lifetime Achievement Award (paywall)