The October surprise came in the form of a train wreck for one of our ‘esteemed’ pickers. That has thrown ACC Nation Football Picks into a veritable horse race.
There is very little difference of opinion in the picks this week as only Will goes against the grain with his selection in the Duke @ Miami game.
For the majority of the country the temperatures, smells, sights and sounds all yell football. With four weeks of regular college action left in November the season in some ways feels as if it’s just beginning. There’s a mad dash to the finish line going on in one division of the ACC while the other is close to locked up.
If you imagined that the ACC was the only conference experiencing the ‘November Romp’ then look around. There are some critical games in almost every conference that will determine post-season play. Buckle up for the sprint to the finish.
Let’s take a look at where the guys have been in order to know where they’re going –
Last Week’s Picks
|GAME||WILL 58-16||XAYVEON 57-17||JIM 61-13|
|Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech||Virginia Tech||Virginia Tech||Virginia Tech|
|Miami @ Boston College||Boston College||Boston College||Miami|
|Wake Forest @ Louisville||Wake Forest||Louisville||Louisville|
|North Carolina @ Virginia||Virginia||Virginia||Virginia|
|Clemson @ Florida State||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson|
|Duke @ Pitt||Pitt||Pitt||Duke|
|NC State @ Syracuse||NC State||NC State||NC State|
|Notre Dame vs Navy||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
This Week’s Picks
|GAME||WILL 64-18||XAYVEON 62-20||JIM 64-18|
|Pitt @ Virginia||Virginia||Virginia||Virginia
|Louisville @ Clemson||Clemson||Clemson||Clemson
|Syracuse @ Wake Forest||Syracuse||Syracuse||Syracuse|
|Georgia Tech @ North Carolina||Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech|
|Florida State @ NC State||NC State||NC State||NC State|
|Boston College @ Virginia Tech||Boston College||Boston College||Boston College|
|Duke @ Miami||Miami||Duke||Duke|
|Notre Dame @ Northwestern||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
- Pitt @ Virginia – Let’s not get too comfortable Cavalier fans. The Panthers played Notre Dame to within 5 and then put up 54 on Duke. Pitt is in a good position to upset the apple cart.
- Syracuse @ Wake Forest – The Orange won’t know how to act playing on real grass out in the Sun. There are two key factors going against Syracuse. Wake Forest’s home field advantage and wind gusts forecast up to 18 mph. A running game and a defense that can stop it may decide this one.
- Boston College @ Virginia Tech – Weather may be a factor here as well at least from the standpoint of passing. Light rain in the morning and then gusts up to 21 mph could make the ball wobble a bit. Do the Hokies have a run defense that can stop A.J. Dillon?
- Duke @ Miami – Here we go with the weather again. With temperatures hovering around 85 the Blue Devils will need to keep hydrated and rotate personnel. We would mention the rain but it always rains in Florida. The Canes have home field advantage. Will they take that plus and notch a win?
- Notre Dame @ Northwestern – Danger, Will Robinson! This should have spoiler alert beside it. The Irish can’t take Northwestern for granted. Period. A big win will go a long way in locking up a final four playoff spot. A loss? Another year, another no-show does not bode well for a head coaches’ job security.
Who are you picking this week?